Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Princess Kate ‘hugely grateful’ as she makes rare comments on cancer journey….Read More

Published

on

The Princess of Wales completed chemotherapy in September

The Princess of Wales opened up about her cancer journey as she met well-wishers on the walk to church on Christmas Day with the royals.

Stopping to speak with members of the crowd after the service at St Mary Magdalene church, one woman who had worked for Macmillan Cancer Support told Kate that she is an “inspiration to all patients”.

Gesturing to the healthcare worker, the Princess added: “People like you are doing all the hard work out there. I’m hugely grateful.”

Another woman told Kate: “We’re all behind you, never forget that,” to which the royal replied, “Thank you very much, [that’s] so kind, nice to meet you.”

The Princess, who looked elegant in an emerald green coat for the outing, was inundated with flowers, gifts and cards as she spent time greeting as many members of the public as she could.

During one heartwarming moment, Kate shared a hug with a fellow cancer patient, 73-year-old Karen Maclean from North Lincolnshire, who said she had had “20 years of cancer”.

Ms Maclean told the PA news agency: “We just had a little talk about cancer, really.

“I’ve met the King before. He said to me ‘I can remember you’, I’m thinking ‘What?!’, like many years ago?”

She said that Charles and Kate seemed “very well actually, considering what they’re going through”.

She added after hugging Kate: “What a privilege.”

In a year which was described as “brutal” by the Prince of Wales for the royal family, the King and the Princess of Wales were both diagnosed with cancer within weeks of one another.

Charles, 76, will continue his treatment into 2025, which is “moving in a positive direction” while Kate, 42, completed chemotherapy in September, and is making a gradual return to her public facing duties.

Earlier this month, the Princess was joined by her family and wider members of the royal family for her fourth Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS11 minutes ago

Breaking News: Biden Signs Executive Order on Abortion Access, Joined by Harris and Becerra….Read More

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Tribute : Tom Cruise breaks silence on ‘dear friend’ and Top Gun co-star Val Kilmer’s shock death aged 65….Read More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS4 hours ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL5 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West as finally admits wife Bianca Censori left him after controversial social media rants… Read More

NFL9 hours ago

Shocking Scandal: Patrick Mahomes Ends Marriage After DNA Test Reveals He’s NOT the Father of His Kids—Brittany Exposed in Jaw-Dropping Betrayal…. See More

NEWS11 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tariffs: A Decades-Old Vision Realized – and His Riskiest Bet to Date….Read More

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Venus Williams breaks down in tears as she announces the death of her newborn twin just 24 hours after birth….Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

Copyright © 2024 USApress24