Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Prince Andrew told to ‘uninvite himself’ from pre-Christmas royal bash after hugely embarrassing Chinese spy row….See More

Published

on

Andrew is also being urged to avoid being seen in public when the royals walk to church at Sandringham on Christmas Day

THE Duke of York must “uninvite himself” from the Royal Family’s pre-Christmas bash over his friendship with a Chinese spy, say insiders.

Prince Andrew is due to attend the lunch at Buckingham Palace this Thursday.

But a source said: “He is under pressure to step away.”

The Prince should do “the gentlemanly thing” and skip a festive family lunch this week to avoid fresh embarrassment over the scandal of his Chinese spy pal, insiders say.

Shamed Andy is also being urged to avoid being seen in public when the royals walk to church at Sandringham on Christmas Day.

His invite to Thursday’s meal at Buckingham Palace for more than 50 members of the extended Royal Family is now said to be unten­able, with courtiers urging Andrew not to force King Charles’s hand in barring him.

It would also see him avoid a grilling from his brother in what would be their first face-to-face meeting since the scandal broke.

A source said yesterday: “There would inevitably have to be some very awkward conversations and the King would not relish making his brother squirm.

“Andrew has managed the unthinkable and made a complete t*t of himself even before the Christmas party.

“It’s been a hell of a year for The Firm and the last thing they want is this scandal dragging on during a period of celebration.

“The thinking is he’s been foolish, but the more he keeps his head down the sooner everyone can move on.”

One source close to the King said Charles would be reluctant to ban his brother outright.

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, said: “Andrew should take it on himself and decline both invites. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do so he isn’t embarrassing the King.

“But Andrew is pretty thick-skinned and maybe we have to rely on the influence of Fergie.

“Christmas Day is different because the walk to church is so public and the pictures go all round the world. He should take a back seat and just not go.

“Andrew is an embarrassment for the King at the end of a difficult year where he and the rest of the family have had to deal with cancer and they were looking to start 2025 with optimism.

“He shouldn’t have to deal with a brother who has potentially caused a huge political problem.”

The Duke of York was last week described in court papers as a “close confidante” of a suspected Chinese spy.

Named only as H6, the businessman, 50, lost an appeal against a decision to ban him from Britain on national security grounds.

It is the latest scandal to hit the Duke, who withdrew from public life after paying damages to Virginia Roberts-Giuffre, a victim of his US paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein.

Security chiefs feared Beijing was attempting an “elite capture” operation to influence Andrew.

The Home Office believed the businessman had been engaged in covert activity and his relationship with Andrew, 64, could be used for political interference.

MI5 launched a probe into the Duke’s China links.

He was made a trade envoy to the communist country in 2001 and held events there for Pitch@Palace, his programme to link businesses with investors.

The scandal comes after Andrew won his battle to stay at his Royal Lodge home in Windsor.

Despite the King axing his annual £3million allowance, the Duke secured mystery funding to pay for his upkeep and security.

Palace officials have been assured the cash is from legitimate sources.

The Chinese spy was invited to the Duke’s 60th birthday party at Royal Lodge and attended events at Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS18 minutes ago

Breaking News: Biden Signs Executive Order on Abortion Access, Joined by Harris and Becerra….Read More

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Tribute : Tom Cruise breaks silence on ‘dear friend’ and Top Gun co-star Val Kilmer’s shock death aged 65….Read More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS4 hours ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL6 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West as finally admits wife Bianca Censori left him after controversial social media rants… Read More

NFL9 hours ago

Shocking Scandal: Patrick Mahomes Ends Marriage After DNA Test Reveals He’s NOT the Father of His Kids—Brittany Exposed in Jaw-Dropping Betrayal…. See More

NEWS11 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tariffs: A Decades-Old Vision Realized – and His Riskiest Bet to Date….Read More

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Venus Williams breaks down in tears as she announces the death of her newborn twin just 24 hours after birth….Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

Copyright © 2024 USApress24