Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry scrutiny skillfully avoided by King Charles with big speech decision….Read More

Published

on

The King’s relationship with his youngest son has been strained since Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down as senior royals and moved to the US

A Royal expert reckons King Charles smartly dodged the intense scrutiny over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by opting to record this year’s Christmas speech away from Buckingham Palace. For the first time in years, the revered Christmas address was delivered from Fitzrovia Chapel, London, breaking tradition with the usual Royal backdrops.

Author Robert Hardman suggests the fresh location might just spare the monarch from the fierce dissection of pictures seen in prior speeches. Royal commentators are known to pick apart the displayed portraits, often sparking debates when Harry and Meghan’s photos don’t make the cut.

Queen Elizabeth II’s use of a “gold” piano sparked backlash online as she spoke of “generosity and sacrifice”. The instrument had been gilded in the 19th century by Queen Victoria.

Critics didn’t miss a beat criticising the opulent setting, underscored by that piano decked out in gold by Victoria herself, as highlighted by the Daily Record. And the selection of family photos in these speeches has always stirred up a buzz.

Hardman, writing for the Daily Mail, recalled: “There can also be some advantages in moving the recording away from home. In 2018, the Queen came under attack on social media for asking for ‘generosity and self-sacrifice’ during an address recorded from the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace.

Anti-monarchists grumbled that she was speaking in front of a ‘gold piano’, a gilded 19th-century piece commissioned for Queen Victoria.

By avoiding a royal desk or sitting room, the King has also avoided any micro -analysis of whichever royal photographs and portraits are in shot, and thus hinting at who is (or is not) in royal favour. The Fitzrovia Chapel reveals nothing more tantalising than a Christmas tree decorated with ‘sustainable’ decorations.”

The King’s relationship with his youngest son has reportedly been strained since Harry and Meghan stepped down as working royals and relocated from the UK. According to Express.co.uk, the King is said to be concerned that Harry might use their conversations against him in his ongoing legal battle with the Home Office.

The King was also reportedly infuriated when Harry referred to Queen Camilla as “the Other Woman” and a “wicked stepmother” in his 2023 memoir Spare. An insider told The Mirror: “It was the last straw.”

“Harry was well aware how Camilla would be a red line for his father and he crossed with flagrant disregard anyway. The King felt without a doubt it crossed a line – it was the ultimate act of disrespect.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Tribute : Tom Cruise breaks silence on ‘dear friend’ and Top Gun co-star Val Kilmer’s shock death aged 65….Read More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL5 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West as finally admits wife Bianca Censori left him after controversial social media rants… Read More

NFL9 hours ago

Shocking Scandal: Patrick Mahomes Ends Marriage After DNA Test Reveals He’s NOT the Father of His Kids—Brittany Exposed in Jaw-Dropping Betrayal…. See More

NEWS10 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tariffs: A Decades-Old Vision Realized – and His Riskiest Bet to Date….Read More

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Venus Williams breaks down in tears as she announces the death of her newborn twin just 24 hours after birth….Read More

NEWS12 hours ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

NEWS19 hours ago

Shocking Revelation: Errol Musk, the father of billionaire Elon Musk, recently made a bizarre claim about US former First Lady Michelle Obama’s gender, saying that she is a man who dresses as a woman. He also alleged that her husband and former US President Barack Obama is “queer….Read More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24