Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Exclusive: Justine Bateman’s attack on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s LA fire victims visit is ‘sad’: source….Read More

Published

on

Actress Justine Bateman’s attack on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s meeting with victims of the LA fires has been called “sad” by a source with knowledge of the visit.

The “Family Ties” actress, 58, took to X (formerly known as Twitter) Saturday evening to blast the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for their Friday visit to victims of the Eaton Fire in Pasadena, calling it a “repulsive ‘photo op’” and labeling the couple disaster tourists.

“Meghan Markle and Harry are no better than ambulance chasers,” Bateman wrote. “What a repulsive ‘photo op’ they achieved.

They are ‘touring the damage’?” she asked in her repost of news footage showing the couple in Pasadena, Calif., a stone’s throw from Altadena, one of the hardest hit communities by the fires. “Are they politicians now? They don’t live here; they are tourists. Disaster Tourists.”

However, a source with knowledge of Harry and Meghan’s visit to the Pasadena Convention Center and impacted areas of Altadena told The Post that Bateman’s characterization of events is just plain wrong.

“Justine’s claim is not only sad, it’s also very ill-informed,” the source told The Post. “They just showed up,” the insider added, stressing that the couple’s trip was meant to be an incognito visit.

Harry and Meghan were spotted Friday evening at the convention center after Pasadena Mayor Victor Gordo and California First Lady Jennifer Siebel Newsom drew news crews to the location, which has been used as an evacuation site for victims of the Eaton Fire.

A source previously told The Post that Friday’s visit was not a planned press event but rather an effort to make a meaningful difference in the community while trying to avoid causing disruption.

Harry and Meghan spent a long time volunteering before they met Mayor Gordo and Mrs. Newsom, who offered to take the pair to some of the impacted areas to help them understand the gravity of the situation and discuss how they can further aid the relief efforts.

Prior to the visit, the Duke and Duchess made financial donations through their Archewell Foundation and donated physical items to help support wildfire victims. The Post understands that some of those items were personal items, including toys that previously belonged to Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet and clothing.

The Post has reached out to a representative for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.

Meghan, 43, and Harry, 40, dressed casually for their volunteer day, donning baseball hats as they tried to maintain a low profile. The former “Suits” star and LA native opted for a blue LA Dodgers cap, while Harry chose a black “Cali” hat from Los Angeles-based brand James Perse.
After serving meals alongside volunteers from chef Jose Andrés’ World Central Kitchen (WCK), meeting elderly individuals and families affected by the crisis, speaking with first responders and visiting areas devastated by the fires, Meghan and Harry expressed their appreciation to all of the teams working tirelessly to support the community.

The Duke and Duchess are committed to further supporting recovery and rebuilding efforts and have already planned additional visits to the community, sources told The Post.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS42 minutes ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS1 hour ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

NEWS7 hours ago

Shocking Revelation: Errol Musk, the father of billionaire Elon Musk, recently made a bizarre claim about US former First Lady Michelle Obama’s gender, saying that she is a man who dresses as a woman. He also alleged that her husband and former US President Barack Obama is “queer….Read More

NEWS7 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump welcomes idea of running for a notional third term against Obama: ‘I’d love that….See More

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

Breaking News: The View Faces $50 Million Fine and Potential Broadcast Ban After Carrie Underwood’s Lawsuit In a stunning turn of events, the hosts of ABC’s long-running daytime talk show The View have reportedly been slapped with a $50 million fine and now face the looming threat of a permanent broadcast ban… Check In

NEWS9 hours ago

Breaking: In a delightful twist of fate, former President Barack Obama has once again proven he’s the king of charisma—this time, unintentionally stealing the spotlight in a family photo that’s now going viral…Read More

NFL9 hours ago

Just In: Travis Kelce, the Kansas City Chiefs’ charismatic tight end, is no stranger to stealing the spotlight, but this time, it’s his endearing reaction to meeting his newest niece that has fans buzzing. On March 30, 2025, Travis’s older brother, Jason Kelce, and his wife, Kylie, welcomed their fourth daughter, Finnley “Finn” Anne Kelce, into the world…Read More

NFL10 hours ago

Exclusive: Taylor Swift gifted Kylie Kelce a car what of $35,000 to congratulate her for welcoming a baby girl No.4 that left all the NFL fans in shock….Read More

NEWS10 hours ago

Shocking: In a Shocking way Elon musk baby mama Tesla has come out boldly to unveiled the shameful and a deadly secret that Elon musk has kept which left Elon musk in disgrace…. Continue Reading

NEWS13 hours ago

Unbelievable: Elon Musk’s humiliated by he’s Scorned Baby Mama she Hits Him with the Ultimate Insult and Reveals ‘Vindictive’ Child Support Tactics….Read More

ROYAL FAMILY16 hours ago

Latest update:Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded Nearly 20 Years Ago.see more

ROYAL FAMILY17 hours ago

Latest Update: People Spot Worrying Detail After Video of Charles’ Foreign Visit Emerges: “What Is Going On…Read More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24