Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Breaking News: Prince Harry’s sweet gesture to elderly man after wildfire chaos…..See More

Published

on

The Duke of Sussex, 40, was seen helping an elderly man at an evacuation centre.

Prince Harry made a sweet gesture to one elderly man after visiting an emergency evacuation centre last week following the raging wildfires in California.

The Duke of Sussex, 40, was volunteering at the Pasadena Convention Centre on January 10 to help with the relief effort alongside his wife Meghan Markle, 43.

The couple was seen serving food, delivering supplies, and thanking first responders for their efforts. They also spoke to victims of the fires, including people who had lost everything.

While some of their efforts were caught on camera, leading to some criticism towards the couple, one sweet gesture made by Harry to an elderly man in need was only disclosed by Pasadena Mayor Victor Gordo, who saw the poignant moment himself.

As reported by People, Gordo told the Pasadena Star-News that the prince, who quit royal life in the UK in 2020 and moved to America, was sitting with an elderly man and asked him if he wanted a sandwich, tangerine or water. The mayor said the older man only wanted a doughnut, which they did not have on the site, with Prince Harry reportedly saying: “There’s no doughnut here, but I will find one.”

Speaking of the moment, Gordo said: “He (Harry) takes off, and 10 minutes later, he returns with a doughnut.

“The gentleman looks up and says, ‘I guess I need my carbs and my sugar.’ That gentleman tonight is at the convention centre and does not know it was Prince Harry who brought him that doughnut.

Gordo said that after Harry sought out a doughnut for the man, the man told the prince: “If you ever run for anything, I’ll vote for you.”

In addition to volunteering, Prince Harry and Meghan have reportedly opened up their Montecito home to family and friends in need and donated supplies to displaced families.

Despite these efforts, the couple has received negative press and was even branded “disaster tourists” by Hollywood actress Justine Bateman, who suggested they use their visit as a photo opportunity.

A source close to Meghan said this was not the case, as the duchess grew up in LA and is “devastated” by the horrific damage these wildfires are causing.

The insider told Page Six: “It’s offensive to Meghan and Harry that anybody would think this is merely a photo opportunity. Meghan was born and raised in Los Angeles so this is, and always will be, home to her.”

Since quitting royal life in 2020, Harry and Meghan have been living in a Montecito mansion with their two children Prince Archie, five, and Princess Lilibet, three. Their home, despite being in California, is not currently in an evacuation zone.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Just In: Whoopi Goldberg Sparks Heated Debate Over Trade War on ‘The View’ During a fiery segment on The View this week, co-host Whoopi Goldberg didn’t hold back as she voiced her frustration over the escalating tensions surrounding a potential trade war…..Read More

NEWS2 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tone-Deaf Response to Americans’ 401(k) Concerns: A Disconnect Amid Economic Turmoil As Americans watched their retirement savings erode in early 2025, President Donald Trump’s response to mounting concerns over 401(k) losses has been labeled by critics as strikingly tone-deaf…..Read More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Heartbroken: In a candid moment captured on camera, Kris shared the news with her daughters, Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Kylie, revealing that a routine checkup had uncovered an issue requiring immediate attention. “I never thought I’d be dealing with something like this,” Kris said through tears, her voice trembling as she described the overwhelming fear and uncertainty she felt. “You think you’re invincible until life throws you a curveball….See More

NFL4 hours ago

Breaking News: As the Chiefs prepare for the upcoming season, Reid and Kelce’s unified front sends a powerful message: the dynamic duo is here to stay, and they’re ready to take on all challengers in pursuit of another Super Bowl title….Read More

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Latest: Jennifer Aniston’s latest public gesture toward Pedro Pascal has set off a wave of reactions among fans. Some view it as a playful nod to their shared Hollywood circle, while others speculate it hints at a deeper connection, fueling discussions across social media…..See More

NFL5 hours ago

Sad News: NFL Just received a heartbroken news, RIP”: Tom Brady’s Raiders Join NFL Community to Mourn Loss of Super Bowl Champ Who Passed Away at 74 …..Read More

NEWS6 hours ago

Breaking News: Biden Signs Executive Order on Abortion Access, Joined by Harris and Becerra….Read More

CELEBRITY8 hours ago

Tribute : Tom Cruise breaks silence on ‘dear friend’ and Top Gun co-star Val Kilmer’s shock death aged 65….Read More

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS10 hours ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY11 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL11 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24