Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Breaking News: Prince Harry and Meghan’s £80m Netflix deal ‘at risk’ as new doc given brutal verdict….Read More

Published

on

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should brace for a major change in 2025 as their new Netflix project fails to “align with their wider audience”, an expert has said.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s lucrative £80 million deal with Netflix could be “at risk” after the couple’s latest documentary flop, a PR expert has claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released their fourth project for the streaming giant, a five-part series about polo, titled POLO, earlier this week but the feedback for it has not been particularly favourable.

POLO follows elite global players on and off the field, with the “sexy” sport billed in the trailer as showcasing “dirty, sweaty boys…riding”.

Its release date comes some 16 months after the couple’s Heart Of Invictus series, which focused on a group of service members on their road to the Invictus Games, and two years after Live to Lead, a series about leaders who have dedicated themselves to social justice and their controversial six part Harry & Meghan documentary were released in December 2022.

Now a PR and brand development expert who is critical of the couple’s partnership with Netflix, which is nearing its end in 2025, claimed that it is unlikely the streaming giant will renew their contract.

Renae Smith, founder and director of The Atticism, said Harry and Meghan’s “actual delivery [of their Netflix partnership] felt inconsistent” as, aside from their bombshell documentary in 2022, the couple failed to make any of their other projects a “stand out success”.

She told Express.co.uk: “Regarding their £80m Netflix deal, I do think its renewal could be at risk.

While the initial buzz around the partnership was massive, the actual delivery has felt inconsistent.

“Their docuseries Harry & Meghan was a standout success, ranking in Netflix’s top 10 and generating plenty of conversation.

However, the new polo series is a niche topic that doesn’t align well with what their wider audience expects or wants from them.”

Ms Smith added that while the Sussexes’s lucrative Netflix deal may have initially been fuelled by “their star power and the promise of unique storytelling”, their latest flop could have Netflix bosses question whether their projects could justify the costs.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS16 minutes ago

Breaking News: Biden Signs Executive Order on Abortion Access, Joined by Harris and Becerra….Read More

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Tribute : Tom Cruise breaks silence on ‘dear friend’ and Top Gun co-star Val Kilmer’s shock death aged 65….Read More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS4 hours ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL6 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West as finally admits wife Bianca Censori left him after controversial social media rants… Read More

NFL9 hours ago

Shocking Scandal: Patrick Mahomes Ends Marriage After DNA Test Reveals He’s NOT the Father of His Kids—Brittany Exposed in Jaw-Dropping Betrayal…. See More

NEWS11 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tariffs: A Decades-Old Vision Realized – and His Riskiest Bet to Date….Read More

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Venus Williams breaks down in tears as she announces the death of her newborn twin just 24 hours after birth….Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

Copyright © 2024 USApress24