Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Prince Harry ‘Grateful’ to Be Raising Archie and Lilibet in the U.S.: ‘It’s the Life My Mom Wanted for Me….See More

Published

on

Prince Harry is putting down roots in the United States.

On Dec. 4, the Duke of Sussex, 40, opened up about raising his two kids with wife, Meghan Markle, in the U.S. while in conversation with columnist and Dealbook founder Andrew Ross Sorkin at The New York Times DealBook Online Summit in New York City.

When Sorkin, 47, asked whether he wants to stay in the U.S., especially amid the concerns for his safety in the United Kingdom, Prince Harry said, “I do.”

He continued, “I very much enjoy living here and bringing my kids up here. It’s a part of my life that I never thought I was going to live.”

The Duke of Sussex added, “I feel as though it’s the life that my mom wanted for me. To be able to do the things I’m able to do with my kids that I undoubtedly wouldn’t be able to do in the U.K. — it’s huge. That is a fantastic opportunity and I’m hugely grateful for that.”

Prince Harry and Meghan, 43, share two children, son Prince Archie, 5, and daughter, Princess Lilibet, 3, whom they are raising in Montecito, Calif.

PEOPLE previously reported that Prince Harry officially changed his listed country of residence on paperwork from the U.K. to the U.S. in 2023 after having moved to California with his wife in 2020.

Around the same time, the Keeper of the Privy Purse announced that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had “vacated” their Frogmore Cottage in the U.K. in Windsor after being asked to leave the residence.

During the summit, Prince Harry also spoke about disinformation in the media and related it to his late mother’s past experience. “I’ve seen stories written about myself not exactly based in reality, he said at the event. “When you grow up with that environment, you find yourself questioning the validity of the information, but also what other people are thinking as well, and how dangerous it can be over the course of time.”

Related: Prince Harry Delivers Emotional Message About His ‘Mother’s Belief in Young People’ at Diana Award Ceremony

“I think again, when you are kind of trapped within this bubble, it kind of feels like there’s no way out,” he added. “What happened to my mom and the fact that I was a kid and felt helpless, there comes the inner turmoil. I felt helpless. One of my biggest weaknesses is feeling helpless.”

Prince Harry continued to express fear that the culture would affect his family, saying, “What worried me most was worrying that would happen to me, or to my wife, or to my kids.”

The event had a starry lineup with other mainstage interviews including Jeff Bezos, Bill Clinton, Alex Cooper, Serena Williams, Open AI co-founder Sam Altman, Google CEO Sundar Pichai and Fed Chair Jerome Powell.

Meghan previously participated in the summit in November 2021.

The Duchess of Sussex recently opened up about her love for spending the holidays with her family in an interview with Marie Claire, during which she noted that “every year it gets better.”

At first, I think as a mom with children you’re just enjoying having them there, but they’re not understanding everything that’s happening yet,” she said. “But now we’re at the age where I just can’t wait to see it through their lens every year.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY43 minutes ago

Breaking News: The View Faces $50 Million Fine and Potential Broadcast Ban After Carrie Underwood’s Lawsuit In a stunning turn of events, the hosts of ABC’s long-running daytime talk show The View have reportedly been slapped with a $50 million fine and now face the looming threat of a permanent broadcast ban… Check In

NEWS1 hour ago

Breaking: In a delightful twist of fate, former President Barack Obama has once again proven he’s the king of charisma—this time, unintentionally stealing the spotlight in a family photo that’s now going viral…Read More

NFL2 hours ago

Just In: Travis Kelce, the Kansas City Chiefs’ charismatic tight end, is no stranger to stealing the spotlight, but this time, it’s his endearing reaction to meeting his newest niece that has fans buzzing. On March 30, 2025, Travis’s older brother, Jason Kelce, and his wife, Kylie, welcomed their fourth daughter, Finnley “Finn” Anne Kelce, into the world…Read More

NFL2 hours ago

Exclusive: Taylor Swift gifted Kylie Kelce a car what of $35,000 to congratulate her for welcoming a baby girl No.4 that left all the NFL fans in shock….Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Shocking: In a Shocking way Elon musk baby mama Tesla has come out boldly to unveiled the shameful and a deadly secret that Elon musk has kept which left Elon musk in disgrace…. Continue Reading

NEWS5 hours ago

Unbelievable: Elon Musk’s humiliated by he’s Scorned Baby Mama she Hits Him with the Ultimate Insult and Reveals ‘Vindictive’ Child Support Tactics….Read More

ROYAL FAMILY8 hours ago

Latest update:Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded Nearly 20 Years Ago.see more

ROYAL FAMILY9 hours ago

Latest Update: People Spot Worrying Detail After Video of Charles’ Foreign Visit Emerges: “What Is Going On…Read More

NEWS10 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West accuses Khloe Kardashian of exploiting North West after Snapchat photo, reigniting feud with Kardashians…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Author Claims The Queen Scolded Meghan Markle Before She Married Harry: “In This Family, We Don’t…See More

NFL12 hours ago

Breaking News: Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift become uncle and aunt for fourth time as Jason’s wife Kylie gives birth to baby girl….See More

ROYAL FAMILY13 hours ago

Breaking News: Meghan Markle Praises ‘the Boys’ Who Have Been with Her ‘Through Thick and Thin’ on Eve of As Ever’s Launch… Check In

Copyright © 2024 USApress24