Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Breaking News: Camilla says ‘I have no intention to stop’ as she provides health update and vow to end domestic violence….Read More

Published

on

The 77-year-old Queen joined domestic abuse survivors, advocates and staff at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London

Queen Camilla admitted she was “still a bit tired” whilst attending a reception marking Women’s Aid’s 50th anniversary today, as she continues her recovery from pneumonia.

The 77-year-old Queen joined domestic abuse survivors, advocates and staff at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in central London, just steps away from Clarence House.

Despite her ongoing fatigue from the illness, which was only revealed on Tuesday, Her Majesty remained committed to attending the significant anniversary celebration.

When asked about her health by charity representatives and survivors at the event, the Queen acknowledged her continued tiredness, telling attendees: “I am still a bit tired. It catches up a bit.”

Her Majesty has been forced to scale back her workload in recent weeks following doctors’ advice to safeguard her recovery.

The Queen missed several high-profile events, including the Royal Variety Performance and the Remembrance Day Service at The Cenotaph, after contracting the illness following a long-haul trip to Australia and Samoa.

During this week’s Qatari state visit, she opted to remain inside Buckingham Palace during the outdoor ceremonial welcome on Horse Guards Parade.

Despite these adjustments, the Queen maintained her presence at key indoor events, including a lunch, a Royal Collection exhibition and the state banquet.

Women’s Aid ambassador Alice Liveing, who spoke with Her Majesty at today’s reception, later shared: “She said she was feeling pretty tired and she was on the mend, she was trying to juggle some bits.”

Despite her fatigue, Queen Camilla delivered an impromptu speech before cutting the anniversary cake, emphasising her unwavering commitment to the cause.

“If you think what’s happening now compared to what was happening 50 years ago, you must all be incredibly proud of yourselves,” she told attendees. “It’s terrible that after 50 years, it still hasn’t been eradicated, but we are making progress.”

The Queen made a passionate vow to continue her work, declaring: “I have no intention, now that I’ve started, to stop and I am determined to put an end to this. We have all got to pull together.”

She stressed the importance of survivor voices, stating: “Every time another survivor hears a voice it inspires them perhaps to get up and say something themselves.”

Her Majesty noted she had been “inundated with letters” following her recent ITV documentary on domestic abuse.

Among the notable attendees at the reception was Katie Piper, a Women’s Aid ambassador and acid attack survivor, who highlighted the severity of domestic abuse.

“It’s one of the most isolating and dangerous forms of abuse,” Piper said, noting that it often occurs behind closed doors.

Nikki Bradley, head of services at Women’s Aid, described domestic violence as a “public emergency” requiring urgent response.

“As a woman, you are over three times more likely to be killed by a partner than not wearing a seatbelt, but where are the public safety campaigns for abuse?” Bradley emphasised.

The Queen’s commitment was praised by Alice Liveing, who appeared in Her Majesty’s recent documentary and is herself a survivor of domestic abuse at age 16.

She’s a long-standing supporter of Women’s Aid and, more widely, domestic abuse, it’s very clear it’s very close to her heart,” Liveing said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS54 minutes ago

Shocking Revelation: Errol Musk, the father of billionaire Elon Musk, recently made a bizarre claim about US former First Lady Michelle Obama’s gender, saying that she is a man who dresses as a woman. He also alleged that her husband and former US President Barack Obama is “queer….Read More

NEWS1 hour ago

Breaking News: Trump welcomes idea of running for a notional third term against Obama: ‘I’d love that….See More

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Breaking News: The View Faces $50 Million Fine and Potential Broadcast Ban After Carrie Underwood’s Lawsuit In a stunning turn of events, the hosts of ABC’s long-running daytime talk show The View have reportedly been slapped with a $50 million fine and now face the looming threat of a permanent broadcast ban… Check In

NEWS3 hours ago

Breaking: In a delightful twist of fate, former President Barack Obama has once again proven he’s the king of charisma—this time, unintentionally stealing the spotlight in a family photo that’s now going viral…Read More

NFL3 hours ago

Just In: Travis Kelce, the Kansas City Chiefs’ charismatic tight end, is no stranger to stealing the spotlight, but this time, it’s his endearing reaction to meeting his newest niece that has fans buzzing. On March 30, 2025, Travis’s older brother, Jason Kelce, and his wife, Kylie, welcomed their fourth daughter, Finnley “Finn” Anne Kelce, into the world…Read More

NFL4 hours ago

Exclusive: Taylor Swift gifted Kylie Kelce a car what of $35,000 to congratulate her for welcoming a baby girl No.4 that left all the NFL fans in shock….Read More

NEWS4 hours ago

Shocking: In a Shocking way Elon musk baby mama Tesla has come out boldly to unveiled the shameful and a deadly secret that Elon musk has kept which left Elon musk in disgrace…. Continue Reading

NEWS7 hours ago

Unbelievable: Elon Musk’s humiliated by he’s Scorned Baby Mama she Hits Him with the Ultimate Insult and Reveals ‘Vindictive’ Child Support Tactics….Read More

ROYAL FAMILY10 hours ago

Latest update:Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded Nearly 20 Years Ago.see more

ROYAL FAMILY11 hours ago

Latest Update: People Spot Worrying Detail After Video of Charles’ Foreign Visit Emerges: “What Is Going On…Read More

NEWS12 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West accuses Khloe Kardashian of exploiting North West after Snapchat photo, reigniting feud with Kardashians…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY13 hours ago

Breaking News: Author Claims The Queen Scolded Meghan Markle Before She Married Harry: “In This Family, We Don’t…See More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24