Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Breaking News: Prince Harry and Meghan’s £80m Netflix deal ‘at risk’ as new doc given brutal verdict….Read More

Published

on

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should brace for a major change in 2025 as their new Netflix project fails to “align with their wider audience”, an expert has said.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s lucrative £80 million deal with Netflix could be “at risk” after the couple’s latest documentary flop, a PR expert has claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released their fourth project for the streaming giant, a five-part series about polo, titled POLO, earlier this week but the feedback for it has not been particularly favourable.

POLO follows elite global players on and off the field, with the “sexy” sport billed in the trailer as showcasing “dirty, sweaty boys…riding”.

Its release date comes some 16 months after the couple’s Heart Of Invictus series, which focused on a group of service members on their road to the Invictus Games, and two years after Live to Lead, a series about leaders who have dedicated themselves to social justice and their controversial six part Harry & Meghan documentary were released in December 2022.

Now a PR and brand development expert who is critical of the couple’s partnership with Netflix, which is nearing its end in 2025, claimed that it is unlikely the streaming giant will renew their contract.

Renae Smith, founder and director of The Atticism, said Harry and Meghan’s “actual delivery [of their Netflix partnership] felt inconsistent” as, aside from their bombshell documentary in 2022, the couple failed to make any of their other projects a “stand out success”.

She told Express.co.uk: “Regarding their £80m Netflix deal, I do think its renewal could be at risk.

While the initial buzz around the partnership was massive, the actual delivery has felt inconsistent.

“Their docuseries Harry & Meghan was a standout success, ranking in Netflix’s top 10 and generating plenty of conversation.

However, the new polo series is a niche topic that doesn’t align well with what their wider audience expects or wants from them.”

Ms Smith added that while the Sussexes’s lucrative Netflix deal may have initially been fuelled by “their star power and the promise of unique storytelling”, their latest flop could have Netflix bosses question whether their projects could justify the costs.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NFL45 minutes ago

Heartbroken: Cowboys Legend Jimmy Johnson Pays Tribute As Teary-Eyed Michael Irvin Makes Emotional Confession on Ex-HC’s Impact…Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Update: Andy Reid steals two-time Super Bowl champion from NFL rival in huge move after Eagles hammering….Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Breaking News: In a moment that lit up political chatter, President Donald Trump didn’t hesitate when asked about a fantasy face-off against Barack Obama in the 2028 presidential election. Speaking to Fox News’ Peter Doocy on April 1, 2025, Trump grinned and said, “I’d love that. Oh, I’d love that. That’d be a great one. I’d be all in for it…..See More

NEWS4 hours ago

Unbelievable: President Donald trump’s was insulted and humiliat by Belgian Prime Minister Bart De Wever reportedly responded to a provocative statement or policy from U.S. President Donald Trump with the quip, “Answering stupidity with stupidity is not wise….See More

NFL4 hours ago

Breaking News: Randi Mahomes, the mother of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, has openly shared the emotional complexities of raising a superstar athlete. One recurring theme in her reflections is the “mom guilt” she experiences—a deeply personal and relatable struggle for many parents…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Breaking News: Prince William Stuns Royal Watchers by Hiring Princess Diana’s Divorce Lawyers In a surprising turn of events, Prince William has reportedly enlisted the services of the same legal team that represented his late mother, Princess Diana, during her high-profile divorce from King Charles III….Read More

NFL6 hours ago

Breaking News: Brittany Mahomes Was Denied a VIP Seat — So She Bought the Entire Theater Brittany Mahomes and her husband, Patrick, were excited for a quiet movie night, but when they were denied VIP seating at a luxury theater, things quickly went south. Rather than settle for disappointment, Patrick decided to take matters into his own hands—by buying out the entire theater for the night. What followed was a private, uninterrupted movie experience for the couple, proving that sometimes, an unexpected twist can turn a frustrating situation into something unforgettable…..Read More

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Breaking News: Jennifer Lopez and her child Emme recently made a stylish appearance together, sporting coordinated outfits as they stepped out to support Lopez’s Out of Sight co-star George Clooney during his Broadway run…Read More

CELEBRITY13 hours ago

Just In: Whoopi Goldberg Sparks Heated Debate Over Trade War on ‘The View’ During a fiery segment on The View this week, co-host Whoopi Goldberg didn’t hold back as she voiced her frustration over the escalating tensions surrounding a potential trade war…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tone-Deaf Response to Americans’ 401(k) Concerns: A Disconnect Amid Economic Turmoil As Americans watched their retirement savings erode in early 2025, President Donald Trump’s response to mounting concerns over 401(k) losses has been labeled by critics as strikingly tone-deaf…..Read More

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

Heartbroken: In a candid moment captured on camera, Kris shared the news with her daughters, Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Kylie, revealing that a routine checkup had uncovered an issue requiring immediate attention. “I never thought I’d be dealing with something like this,” Kris said through tears, her voice trembling as she described the overwhelming fear and uncertainty she felt. “You think you’re invincible until life throws you a curveball….See More

NFL15 hours ago

Breaking News: As the Chiefs prepare for the upcoming season, Reid and Kelce’s unified front sends a powerful message: the dynamic duo is here to stay, and they’re ready to take on all challengers in pursuit of another Super Bowl title….Read More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24