Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Prince Andrew told to ‘uninvite himself’ from pre-Christmas royal bash after hugely embarrassing Chinese spy row….See More

Published

on

Andrew is also being urged to avoid being seen in public when the royals walk to church at Sandringham on Christmas Day

THE Duke of York must “uninvite himself” from the Royal Family’s pre-Christmas bash over his friendship with a Chinese spy, say insiders.

Prince Andrew is due to attend the lunch at Buckingham Palace this Thursday.

But a source said: “He is under pressure to step away.”

The Prince should do “the gentlemanly thing” and skip a festive family lunch this week to avoid fresh embarrassment over the scandal of his Chinese spy pal, insiders say.

Shamed Andy is also being urged to avoid being seen in public when the royals walk to church at Sandringham on Christmas Day.

His invite to Thursday’s meal at Buckingham Palace for more than 50 members of the extended Royal Family is now said to be unten­able, with courtiers urging Andrew not to force King Charles’s hand in barring him.

It would also see him avoid a grilling from his brother in what would be their first face-to-face meeting since the scandal broke.

A source said yesterday: “There would inevitably have to be some very awkward conversations and the King would not relish making his brother squirm.

“Andrew has managed the unthinkable and made a complete t*t of himself even before the Christmas party.

“It’s been a hell of a year for The Firm and the last thing they want is this scandal dragging on during a period of celebration.

“The thinking is he’s been foolish, but the more he keeps his head down the sooner everyone can move on.”

One source close to the King said Charles would be reluctant to ban his brother outright.

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, said: “Andrew should take it on himself and decline both invites. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do so he isn’t embarrassing the King.

“But Andrew is pretty thick-skinned and maybe we have to rely on the influence of Fergie.

“Christmas Day is different because the walk to church is so public and the pictures go all round the world. He should take a back seat and just not go.

“Andrew is an embarrassment for the King at the end of a difficult year where he and the rest of the family have had to deal with cancer and they were looking to start 2025 with optimism.

“He shouldn’t have to deal with a brother who has potentially caused a huge political problem.”

The Duke of York was last week described in court papers as a “close confidante” of a suspected Chinese spy.

Named only as H6, the businessman, 50, lost an appeal against a decision to ban him from Britain on national security grounds.

It is the latest scandal to hit the Duke, who withdrew from public life after paying damages to Virginia Roberts-Giuffre, a victim of his US paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein.

Security chiefs feared Beijing was attempting an “elite capture” operation to influence Andrew.

The Home Office believed the businessman had been engaged in covert activity and his relationship with Andrew, 64, could be used for political interference.

MI5 launched a probe into the Duke’s China links.

He was made a trade envoy to the communist country in 2001 and held events there for Pitch@Palace, his programme to link businesses with investors.

The scandal comes after Andrew won his battle to stay at his Royal Lodge home in Windsor.

Despite the King axing his annual £3million allowance, the Duke secured mystery funding to pay for his upkeep and security.

Palace officials have been assured the cash is from legitimate sources.

The Chinese spy was invited to the Duke’s 60th birthday party at Royal Lodge and attended events at Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NFL45 minutes ago

Heartbroken: Cowboys Legend Jimmy Johnson Pays Tribute As Teary-Eyed Michael Irvin Makes Emotional Confession on Ex-HC’s Impact…Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Update: Andy Reid steals two-time Super Bowl champion from NFL rival in huge move after Eagles hammering….Read More

NEWS3 hours ago

Breaking News: In a moment that lit up political chatter, President Donald Trump didn’t hesitate when asked about a fantasy face-off against Barack Obama in the 2028 presidential election. Speaking to Fox News’ Peter Doocy on April 1, 2025, Trump grinned and said, “I’d love that. Oh, I’d love that. That’d be a great one. I’d be all in for it…..See More

NEWS4 hours ago

Unbelievable: President Donald trump’s was insulted and humiliat by Belgian Prime Minister Bart De Wever reportedly responded to a provocative statement or policy from U.S. President Donald Trump with the quip, “Answering stupidity with stupidity is not wise….See More

NFL4 hours ago

Breaking News: Randi Mahomes, the mother of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, has openly shared the emotional complexities of raising a superstar athlete. One recurring theme in her reflections is the “mom guilt” she experiences—a deeply personal and relatable struggle for many parents…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY5 hours ago

Breaking News: Prince William Stuns Royal Watchers by Hiring Princess Diana’s Divorce Lawyers In a surprising turn of events, Prince William has reportedly enlisted the services of the same legal team that represented his late mother, Princess Diana, during her high-profile divorce from King Charles III….Read More

NFL6 hours ago

Breaking News: Brittany Mahomes Was Denied a VIP Seat — So She Bought the Entire Theater Brittany Mahomes and her husband, Patrick, were excited for a quiet movie night, but when they were denied VIP seating at a luxury theater, things quickly went south. Rather than settle for disappointment, Patrick decided to take matters into his own hands—by buying out the entire theater for the night. What followed was a private, uninterrupted movie experience for the couple, proving that sometimes, an unexpected twist can turn a frustrating situation into something unforgettable…..Read More

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Breaking News: Jennifer Lopez and her child Emme recently made a stylish appearance together, sporting coordinated outfits as they stepped out to support Lopez’s Out of Sight co-star George Clooney during his Broadway run…Read More

CELEBRITY13 hours ago

Just In: Whoopi Goldberg Sparks Heated Debate Over Trade War on ‘The View’ During a fiery segment on The View this week, co-host Whoopi Goldberg didn’t hold back as she voiced her frustration over the escalating tensions surrounding a potential trade war…..Read More

NEWS13 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tone-Deaf Response to Americans’ 401(k) Concerns: A Disconnect Amid Economic Turmoil As Americans watched their retirement savings erode in early 2025, President Donald Trump’s response to mounting concerns over 401(k) losses has been labeled by critics as strikingly tone-deaf…..Read More

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

Heartbroken: In a candid moment captured on camera, Kris shared the news with her daughters, Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Kylie, revealing that a routine checkup had uncovered an issue requiring immediate attention. “I never thought I’d be dealing with something like this,” Kris said through tears, her voice trembling as she described the overwhelming fear and uncertainty she felt. “You think you’re invincible until life throws you a curveball….See More

NFL15 hours ago

Breaking News: As the Chiefs prepare for the upcoming season, Reid and Kelce’s unified front sends a powerful message: the dynamic duo is here to stay, and they’re ready to take on all challengers in pursuit of another Super Bowl title….Read More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24