Connect with us

ROYAL FAMILY

Richard E. Grant reveals act of kindness from King Charles days before his wife passed away…..Read More

Published

on

Richard E. Grant has revealed the incredible act of kindness King Charles showed him just days before his wife passed away.

The actor, 67, made the candid confession in an emotional Instagram post on Wednesday as he reflected on his wife Joan Washington’s final days

The Saltburn star revealed that before his wife tragically passed away in 2021, the King visited her and the two sat in the garden and discussed life.

Richard relayed the heartbreaking story alongside a video of himself walking through London to Clarence House for the King’s Christmas party.

He captioned the post: ‘Shortly before my wife died, Prince Charles came to visit her, sat in our garden, held her hands and talked about Life as she contemplated her own death.

‘Kindness, generosity, humour and compassion. Princely attributes fit for a King.’

The clip showed Richard walking through London, wrapped up in a dark coat and a grey scarf, explaining that he was on his way to some royal festivities.

He told his followers: ‘On my way to Clarence House, invited by the King for a Christmas reception, never thought id be saying those words.

He went on to reveal that he and his late wife had first met the King and his wife Queen Camilla when they got married almost 20 years ago.

He said: ‘My wife and I went to Prince Charles’s wedding 19 years ago in 2005. I’ve known them for a long time.

‘It’s still a thrill to be invited to Clarence house Christmas party in the middle of London.

It’s like a scene in a panto, I really do feel like Dick Whittington who’s found his fortune in this amazing city.’

Dialect coach Joan tragically passed away aged 74, in September 2021 eight months after she was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer.

The couple met in 1986 and married later that year. They shared a daughter Olivia, 34.

Richard has been vocal in his grief since losing the love of his life and has admitted that he has lost friends as he battled heartbreak.

The pair had been together for 38 years at the time of her death.

‘Subsequent to her death, I have had people cross the road rather than talk,’ he said during a conversation at The Times and Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival last year.

‘Whether they think you’re going to fall apart and you’re an emotional wreck, I don’t know. But I will never speak to them again.’

He also recalled an occasion in which a couple who had lived near to his and Washington’s Provence holiday home ignored him when he waved to them.

He said: ‘As I walked towards them they both turned their heads. I thought, “F*** you.” I felt I was being punished because Joan had died.

‘They had never acknowledged it. Maybe they didn’t know how to deal with it.’

Richard announced the death of his wife in September 2021 and released a heartbreaking video of them dancing together.

He has since spoken about how he ‘can’t imagine falling in love again’ after the death of Joan.

In an interview last year, Richard said he writes to his late wife of 35 years every day as the thought of her not being here is too much to bear.

The actor added while he has tried dating but ‘nobody else has even come near’ to Joan.

Of his grief, Richard told The Telegraph: ‘I’ve now accepted that I will never understand it trying to imagine not being here is beyond my capacity for thinking.

‘So, I write a letter to Joan every night about what’s going on, and I find that it feels like I have a physical, tangible, ongoing conversation with her that’s written down, I’ve found that really, really helpful.

‘Anticipating what she might think about this, or what is her opinion about that? Even the most mundane things.’

Richard said in the two years since Joan’s death, he has been set up on blind dates by his friends but isn’t looking to meet anyone.

‘I think that what was so extraordinary about her is that I felt like I was truly seen and understood by another human being in a way that nobody else has even come near,’ he said.

Richard said the idea he could find love again ‘is so hard to conceive of’ he can’t imagine it ever happening again.

The Saltburn actor added he’s ‘certainly not internet dating’.

Richard acknowledged while Christmas is certainly a difficult time for the family, it is imperative he keeps up the traditions in which he and Joan set.

The actor said he will get a tree every year and hang decorations they have made each year since their second daughter Olivia (affectionally known as Oilly) was born.

Their first daughter, Tiffany, was born premature and died shortly after birth.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY40 minutes ago

Breaking News: William’s Husband Discovers the True Father of Their Triplets After Years of Mystery April 3, 2025 – London, UK In a story that has captivated friends, family, and now the public, James Carter, husband of William Carter, has finally uncovered the identity of the biological father of their three-year-old triplets—Emma, Liam, and ….Read More

NEWS1 hour ago

Breaking News: Mike Johnson Delivers Blow to Trump’s Hopes of Third Term as President On April 1, 2025, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a prominent Republican and constitutional lawyer, addressed speculation surrounding President Donald Trump…..See More

ROYAL FAMILY3 hours ago

Just In: Prince Harry has issued an emotional and candid statement addressing the recent controversy surrounding Sentebale, the charity he co-founded in 2006 to support vulnerable children in Southern Africa…. Check In

NFL3 hours ago

Breaking News: Fox NFL Sunday tipped to move star ousted by $375m Tom Brady contract in to replace Jimmy Johnson after his retirement….Read More

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West as finally admits wife Bianca Censori left him after controversial social media rants… Read More

NFL7 hours ago

Shocking Scandal: Patrick Mahomes Ends Marriage After DNA Test Reveals He’s NOT the Father of His Kids—Brittany Exposed in Jaw-Dropping Betrayal…. See More

NEWS8 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump’s Tariffs: A Decades-Old Vision Realized – and His Riskiest Bet to Date….Read More

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

Breaking News: Venus Williams breaks down in tears as she announces the death of her newborn twin just 24 hours after birth….Read More

NEWS11 hours ago

Breaking News: US President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs on over 180 countries, including India. The additional tariffs will make imports to the US costlier. What if the entire tariff move backfires? Trump’s inner circle has lined up a fall guy. And that is Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. This is why Lutnick suits this purpose best…..Read More

NEWS11 hours ago

Shocking News: another woman showed up with heavy pregnancy again claiming Elon musk is the father of her unborn child the news left he’s 4 wife’s a shocked of their lives…. Check In

NEWS17 hours ago

Shocking Revelation: Errol Musk, the father of billionaire Elon Musk, recently made a bizarre claim about US former First Lady Michelle Obama’s gender, saying that she is a man who dresses as a woman. He also alleged that her husband and former US President Barack Obama is “queer….Read More

NEWS17 hours ago

Breaking News: Trump welcomes idea of running for a notional third term against Obama: ‘I’d love that….See More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24