Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Breaking News: Jay-Z seeks dismissal of Diddy lawsuit: “This is a shakedown….Read More

Published

on

The rapper is petitioning for the identity reveal of the accused – who was 13 years old at the time of the alleged incident – while maintaining his innocence

Jay-Z has filed a court letter seeking the dismissal of a lawsuit that accuses him and Diddy for an alleged sexual assault in 2000.

It was reported yesterday (December 9) that Jay-Z – real name Shawn Carter – has been named in a lawsuit which alleges the rape of a 13-year-old girl in 2000 by the rapper and Diddy.

In October, a lawsuit was filed by lawyer Tony Buzbee on behalf of his client, originally claiming Combs – as well as another, unnamed male celebrity – raped a 13-year-old girl at a VMAs after-party in 2000.

So far, Combs has pleaded not guilty to all charges, with his lawyers also dismissing accusations as “clear attempts to garner publicity”. Adding: “Mr Combs has never sexually assaulted anyone – adult or minor, man or woman.”

This week, the unnamed celebrity accused of being involved was revealed to be Carter. In a statement issued via Roc Nation, Carter called the allegations against him “heinous in nature”.

Now, Rolling Stone has reported that Carter is petitioning the identity reveal of the accused while maintaining his innocence, seeking a dismissal of the lawsuit.

Mr. Carter deserves to know the identity of the person who is effectively accusing him — in sensationalized, publicity-hunting fashion — of criminal conduct, demanding massive financial compensation, and tarnishing a reputation earned over decades,” Carter’s lawyer Alex Spiro wrote in a court letter.

Spiro also asked the presiding judge to expedite a hearing on Carter’s motion “due to the highly sensitive nature of this matter” along with the “intense media scrutiny” around the rapper following the lawsuit reveal.

Spiro continued: “For the avoidance of doubt, Mr. Carter is entirely innocent. This is a shakedown. He is not mentioned, referenced, or implicated in any way in the criminal investigation of Mr. Combs. He is neither a target nor a person of interest in that investigation.”

Carter’s team have also requested the case be put before U.S. District Judge Jessica G. L. Clarke, who recently ruled in another case involving Diddy that the accuser must reveal her name or her lawsuit will be thrown out. The person in question accused Diddy and two other men of gang raping her in 2003.

Rolling Stone reported on Saturday (December 7) that the accuser had come forward to reveal her identity as Anna Kane, telling Rolling Stone: “I had hoped to use a pseudonym in pursuing justice for what happened to me as a teenager. “Defendants’ demand that I use my name was an attempt to intimidate me, but I am not intimidated.”

Buzbee wrote in a statement to Rolling Stone about Carter’s court letter: “We will respond to Mr. Carter’s filing once we review it. We won’t get bogged down in a silly sideshow that tries to make the lawyers the focus of what are very serious allegations brought by a courageous woman.”

Per NBC News, the lawsuit says that, in 2000, a friend dropped the plaintiff off at the VMAs, for which she did not have a ticket. She had approached various drivers for access to show or after-party, with one driver telling her he worked for Combs and she “fit what Diddy was looking for”.

The driver invited her to a VMAs after-party, telling her to return to his car once he was done transporting Carter and Combs, the lawsuit says.

The driver would pick her up, and, after 20 minutes, they would arrive at a white house with a U-shaped driveway, with the plaintiff requested to sign a document she believed was a nondisclosure agreement on arrival to enter the party, which the lawsuit claims was filled with celebrities and people partaking in marijuana and cocaine.

The then 13-year-old was offered a drink that made her feel “woozy, lightheaded” and needing to “lie down”, entering a room to rest, the lawsuit continues. She was then greeted by Carter and Combs, who entered the room with the latter saying, “You are ready to party!”, the lawsuit reveals.

She alleges that Carter removed her clothes, held her down and raped her while Combs and an unnamed female celebrity watched. She also says that Combs raped her as Carter and the woman looked on, per the lawsuit.

The lawsuit says that she resisted being forced to perform oral sex on Combs by hitting him in the neck and that he “stopped.” After the alleged assault, she “grabbed her clothes” and left, making her way to a gas station where she called her father, the lawsuit says.

The accuser is seeking unspecified damages, with the lawsuit filed under New York’s Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Protection Act.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NFL44 seconds ago

Exclusive: Taylor Swift gifted Kylie Kelce a car what of $35,000 to congratulate her for welcoming a baby girl No.4 that left all the NFL fans in shock….Read More

NEWS46 minutes ago

Shocking: In a Shocking way Elon musk baby mama Tesla has come out boldly to unveiled the shameful and a deadly secret that Elon musk has kept which left Elon musk in disgrace…. Continue Reading

NEWS3 hours ago

Unbelievable: Elon Musk’s humiliated by he’s Scorned Baby Mama she Hits Him with the Ultimate Insult and Reveals ‘Vindictive’ Child Support Tactics….Read More

ROYAL FAMILY7 hours ago

Latest update:Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded Nearly 20 Years Ago.see more

ROYAL FAMILY7 hours ago

Latest Update: People Spot Worrying Detail After Video of Charles’ Foreign Visit Emerges: “What Is Going On…Read More

NEWS8 hours ago

Breaking News: Kanye West accuses Khloe Kardashian of exploiting North West after Snapchat photo, reigniting feud with Kardashians…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY10 hours ago

Breaking News: Author Claims The Queen Scolded Meghan Markle Before She Married Harry: “In This Family, We Don’t…See More

NFL10 hours ago

Breaking News: Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift become uncle and aunt for fourth time as Jason’s wife Kylie gives birth to baby girl….See More

ROYAL FAMILY11 hours ago

Breaking News: Meghan Markle Praises ‘the Boys’ Who Have Been with Her ‘Through Thick and Thin’ on Eve of As Ever’s Launch… Check In

ROYAL FAMILY13 hours ago

Breaking News: Buckingham Palace released an emotional and heartfelt video message from Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh, to mark the beginning of World Autism Acceptance Month…..Read More

ROYAL FAMILY14 hours ago

Breaking News: Kate Middleton responds to ‘accusations’ about Prince William’s behavior in the way she does best….Read More

NEWS15 hours ago

Breaking News: President Donald Trump is facing growing pressure to dismiss U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth following the leak of highly sensitive war plans through the encrypted messaging app Signal…..See More

Copyright © 2024 USApress24